Sunday, August 16, 2009

HERE'S A LITTLE "CLOCHE UP"

Today I was cleaning my house and it dawned on me that not only to I seem to have an obsession with statues, but with cloches too!! So here is a sample of some of my favorite cloches. I hesitate to show them all, cause then you'll know I am crazy or at least obsessive.














This is a close-up of the wedding cake topper that I showed on White Wednesday. It was my mother and fathers from their wedding cake. The bride and groom in the back ground is my grandmother and grandfather.



















This wonderful large cloche holds my fourth great aunt's wedding gloves and a pin that went on her headpiece...one of my favorite keepsakes.

This is a cloche inside a cloche..The smaller one holds my 5th great grandmother's watch. Family baby shoes and some old millinery flowers.





Statue of St Ann











A Statue of St. Theresa










This is a chalkware of boy Jesus and a lamb that I picked up on one of my buying trips in Minnesota a couple of years ago.

10 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Gale, obsessions can be so much fun. Your cloches are not only beautiful, but they hold such dear family mementos. Really lovely.
Debra

The Green Pea said...

You have beautiful displays with the cloches. Have a wonderful week. Sandi

trash talk said...

Oh mylanta, I love that tall one. I have a couple of those german hand molds...yours looks fab under glass!
Debbie

The Faded Cottage said...

Gale,
]Your cloches are fabulous!!! and the keepsakes are so endearing!! I would love for you to join me on Chippy Paint Fridays, just let me know by Thursday so I can add a link to your blog.
Love your blog by the way:)), Janice

Amy'svintagecottage said...

Hi Gale, I love cloches too. glad I found you, thanks for visiting me on White wednesday
xoxo
Amy

decorator to the stars said...

GREAT BLOG, I LOVE CLOCHES ALSO, :) WHEN YOU HAVE TIME, PLEASE STOP ON OVER GIO

The Cottage said...

I think the best thing about cloches is that they keep everything dust free and that's a very good thing! Beautiful displays,
Sandi

kanishk said...

I love that tall one. I have a couple of those german hand molds...yours looks fab under glass!


Work From Home

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Now that statue has my name written all over it, ha ha. You have some great cloches. I too have a passion for them and the plateau mirrors. So pretty. Have a great weekend, Theresa

Mindy said...

How glad am I that you commented and let me discover you! I love that family goodies are so important to you. And so beautifully displayed! ~Mindy