About 6 months ago I clicked on the button on Debbie of Talking Trash's blog and read what she had wonderfully written about how to honor our fellow women while working in this business . I honestly was taken back on how right on the nose she hit some of my very feelings...none so prevalent as I am feeling about number four today. I know many of you can understand, to have your most precious creation copied and blatantly published on a blog is such a slap in ones face...Aren't there enough ideas out there that all of us can put our own twist on old and new ideas without stealing exactly someone's original one. And by one who poses as a friend at that. I consider that the lowest!
I realize that this is a side that I never show, but I am so sadden that this has happened that I felt compelled to ask Debbie if I could use her resolutions and publish them again on my site.
1. I resolve to always have my sisters-in-business back at all times. If she needs something and I have it to share, it's hers. This may be in setting up, tearing down or just an itch. If she needs an extra two hands, she's got them. This also means I will not use said back as a launching pad. You will never find my footprints on your favorite tee.
2. I resolve to never talk about someone behind their back. If I have a gripe or complaint, I'll take it to the source. I'll risk a b---h slap for honesty. I also resolve to try and avoid those who like to stir you-know-what!
3. I resolve never to question someone else's taste. We're all different and that's what makes us each unique. If you love it, I love it for you, even if it is dog butt ugly to me. Always!
4. I resolve never to borrow someone else's idea without permission and when I do I further resolve to give credit where credit is due. This is a big one but there is just way too much stealing (let's just call it what it is) out there and it has got to stop.
5. I resolve to share ideas, tips, locales, recipes, love advice, sources and just about anything you can think of to help you stay in business. I do draw the line at Cat Daddy unless you really, really need him then we'll negotiate.
6. I resolve to listen when you need someone to listen. I'll even let you whine and have a little pity party if necessary. Heck, I'll whine with you.
7. I resolve to never repeat anything you tell me if you tell me not to. This one is very important. Everyone needs to let off steam now and then and one needs to know it's not going to come back and bite one on the butt.
Thank you Debbie for allowing me to republish you resolutions and I will for ever try to uphold the pledge of being a JWL Club member!!
P.S. If anyone wants a original Wizard's Tattered Elegance you can find it on this site and no other! Thanks gals for allowing me to vent!!
Rebecca over at Rebecca for Vintage living is celebrating her birthday and is have a giveaway for the next 7 days until Jesus' birthday. Go on over and check out the beauty she is giving away!