Sunday, October 11, 2009

IT'S ALL ABOUT BROOKLYN, BABY!!


We just got a phone call from our son, Dave. His wife Linda went into labor this morning with their first, a girl...Brooklyn Marie. She will be admitted to Scripps and now we're just waiting...Whew! I forgot how nerve-racking this is! Our grand son is 4 so it's been a few years since "Mimi and Poppi" experienced these emotions! I'll keep you all posted...Yah Hoooooo!!.....JUST AN UPDATE....(6:30 p.m PST) We're still waiting! Things are moving along, but slowly. They may decide to break her water if it hasn't broken by 10 p.m.....Thanks for all the comments and emails
Gale

11 comments:

Sheila said...

Awe how sweet... My Brother was born a Scrips it is a great hospital, I hear they serve lobter dinner for the Mothers. I get so excited when I hear were off to the hospital.... and then I get sad bcuz my girls are getting so big soon 2 be 6 & 8 :( Congrats and I can't wait to see the pics of the BABE.

Shiela

Sandi said...

Oh my hugs and congrats coming your way!!! Grandbabies are sooooo special!!
Blessings~

Debra@CommonGround said...

Sending prayers for a great delivery of the special bundle!
Debra

June said...

Hi Gale,
Best news I've heard all day. Kisses to the new one! Congrats to you Mimi.
Hugs,
June

trash talk said...

How wonderful! Keep us posted on all the details. You must be walking the floor waiting for that phone to ring.
Debbie
P.S. "Mimi and Poppi" are perfect names! Of course, I know you're like me and will answer to anything including "Hey You!".

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Awe Gale...Congratulations!!!! How many times have you looked at that phone waiting for it to ring???? haha
This is such an exciting time...I'll be wishing everyone is happy and healthy!!!!
Congrats Mimi!!!! (I love that name)
everything vintage

sf said...

Gale,
I am so excited for you! What a joyous time. I can't wait to see the little angel.

Anne Lorys said...

Yay, we want pictures when the little bundle gets here! :-)
Anne

Uncanny Festoon said...

I hope for Linda's sake tha Brooklyn is snuggly in her arms! the best to your new family!

Joy

AuroraSuzette said...

What an exciting time to have stopped in! All good wishes to all of you. BTW, love the name Brooklyn.

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

All the best to the family! How exciting!!!