Tuesday, January 5, 2010

ME' PEARLY WHITES

Hi everyone and here we are for the first White Wednesday of 2010!! This on-going blogging party has been hosted by Kathleen over at Faded Charm for over 6 months now and is still going strong! If you'd like to see other gals who are participating in White Wednesday you can check out Kathleen's site here.

Today, I am showing some me' pearly whites...no silly not that...my pearls!! I seem to have an attraction for pearls, maybe because they are my birth stone. Early in my childhood, my parents were always generous, giving me pearls of some sort for my birthdays, Christmas, and special occasions.

I was trying to think of something different for the first White Wednesday post of 2010. I decided pearls....Pearls are thought to symbolize purity and spiritual transformation. Because they are of the sea, they have watery and lunar elements, thus balancing emotions. They are said to absorbs thoughts and emotional stress. It is said that wearing pearls enables one to accept
love...love of thyself and love of others.














So here's to our first White Wednesday of 2010 and lots of love!! And go check out lots more sites for WW!!
I found this awesome art-deco pearl and rhinestone bracelet a few weeks ago at a local flea market. It was at the bottom of bucket along with some tools! Sweet, huh!















A (blurry..sorry) close-up of this art deco bracelet














Chalkware statue in my bathroom with pearls and a rhinestone shoeclip

A Statue with pearls

















Victorian baby shoe that holds my Mom's Pearl bracelet which was a Christmas gift from my Dad in the 60's.












Pearl bracelets from my Mom along with a spoon for the month of June














My Grandmother's pearl necklace from her 8th grade graduation and the sweet little birdies I received from Laurie Anna's giveaway at Christmas.

14 comments:

Sandi said...

OH Gale I love your pearls!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!! LOVE that white baby shoe too!!
Blessings~

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Oh my! I love that bracelet!, well, actually I love it all...but THAT bracelet....

Miss Gracie's House said...

Beautiful...the but the bracelet of your mothers with the baby shoe is the best! Happy New Year to you Gale...hopefully we'll get to *know* each other better this year!
Rene'

V I N T A G E O L O G I E said...

Gale, your pearly whites are fabulous! ... and I never knew pearls could "do" so much for me ... I'm going to hunt down every strand I own and start wearing them hoping for their magic to wear off onto me!

Thanks for sharing ... and welcoming me to WW!

xo
Jill

Faded Charm said...

What a gorgeous collection of pearls you have. They especially look nice draped on your statues. Enjoy your week!

Kathleen

June said...

Hi Gale, I have loved pearls all my life. In the 80's I always had a strand around my neck. Now I just wear the bracelets and rings. All of your pearls are gorgeous and anytime you would like to pass them on to me...I'm open to it.lol I adore that little baby shoe with the pearls. Oh so pretty, along with all your pictures here. Love the statues!!!
hugs

Rebecca said...

Hi Gale
Love your pearly whites girl!
Love the bracelet...they all look great.
Sorry I missed WW but still no computer just the one at the shop and no software.
Happy New Year to you!
Blessings
Rebecca

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Pearls are my favorite. Your pictures are so pretty. You really know how to stage them:)
~Debra
Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

sweetpea said...

OMG~~your pearls are fabulous! Thanks for the lovely comments you leave me.

Hugs,

Shelley

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Gale, Your pearls are just beautiful! I only have faux pearls but I love them and like to use them for decoration.

Julia

Jennifer said...

It's funny - I've never been a fan of pearls and yet I love them in settings, on other people, as vintage items - I can't figure out why - I love the different color tones - the beiges, the creams and pinks - strange isn't it? Beautiful post.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Gale, these are just stunning, I especially love that pink pearl bracelet. I gave each of our daughters a strand of pearls for their wedding day. Just love them!
love ya,
Debra

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

So original!! Love this post! Hugs, Janna

Dixie said...

Gale, I'm a lover of pearls myself... and that pink art deco bracelet is calling my name... just beautiful!