It never ceases to amaze me how life's template is so perfectly orchestrated. I was feeling blue these past few days, and then I am given an award... Honest Scrap Award from Rebecca of http://rebeccaforvintageliving.blogspot.com/. I am so new at this blogging art that it was completely unexpected, but I accept this award with great honor! The complete blogging experience is so much more that I could have ever expected it to be. I have met some of the most gifted and amazingly wonderful people through blogging. I have actually even had the pleasure of personally meeting a number of my blogging friends! Now for the difficult part for me...I have to tell you 10 things you may not know about me and I so hate to talk about me so this really is hard...but here goes:
1. My nickname from my Dad when I was little was Pumpkin.
2. My nickname from my uncle (yes the one that just passed) was PT. I used to always always wear a ponytail.
3. I was a cheerleader and the editor of our high school yearbook
4. My nickname from my brother's friends and classmates was Little Bud (my Dad's name was Bud and he was the superintendent of all the schools in the area(5)
5. I was raised in a loving Christian home by my Mom and Dad, along with two brothers.
6. I am as passionate about my genealogy as my decorating and antiquing...I have a data base of over 15,000 people I deal with......ha ha
7. I am blessed with good health and thick thighs
8. I don't laugh at myself enough
9. I love watching old old movies
10. I am scared of heights
Man that wasn't fun...BUT now for the fun part!! I get to nominate 7, yes seven people that I believe deserve this award! There have been so many many kind and gracious people that have encouraged me on my blog..sometimes when I wasn't sure what I was doing and if it was worth my time...silly me! SOOOO these are my top choices for this award:
1. Deb at http://talkingwhitetrash.blogspot.com/
2. Myrna at http://more-than-heirlooms.blogspot.com/
3. Mindy at http://rockinm.blogspot.com/
Primitques 'N Poetry
4. June at http://laughingwithangels.blogspot.com/
Laughing With Angels
5. Rene at http://missgracieshouse.blogspot.com/
Miss Gracie's House
6. Theresa at http://gardenantqs.blogspot.com/
Garden Antqs Vintage
7. Sandi at http://waysidetreasures-sandi.blogspot.com/
I want to take just a moment to thank everyone who left me notes and send emails these past couple a days, giving me encouragement and sending their love. It helped so much. We may have never personally met each other, but we are all such a tight-knit web of friends and I do appreciate each and every one of you! I'll be back in full force after the week-end. I hope you are all having a great first Fall week-end!